40. Pete Evans on Challenging our Belief Systems and Expressing our Authentic Selves
Welcome to The Shift expert series with naturopath, nutritionist and author Katherine Maslen as she explores the state of human health, the dysfunction of the health industry and provides people with the tools, knowledge and understanding to make the shift in their lives.
In the expert series of The Shift, Katherine explores deeper conversations with the world leaders featured in season one, the investigative docu-series on the gut. If you want to make the shift towards more informed decisions regarding better health, then this podcast is for you.
Pete Evans, also known as the paleo guy is an internationally acclaimed celebrity chef and probably the most well known voice for health in Australia. Pete’s career began as a restaurant owner and he has opened numerous award winning restaurants. Pete has been the co-host and judge of the award winning TV series My Kitchen Rules for 11 seasons, he has hosted and produced 2 seasons of the TV series ‘The Paleo Way’ as well as two wonderful documentaries that are available on Netflix – The Magic Pill, which follows the changes people make on a ketogenic diet, and The Magic Plant which is about the medicinal qualities of cannabis.
Pete is well known for his culinary successes, but is also known to create a bit of controversy due to his pushback of the mainstream advice we are often given by dieticians and doctors. Pete shares his perspective around this during this interview.
In this episode Katherine and Pete explore:
- Pete’s personal journey to becoming an advocate for good healthy food and lifestyles
- What it means for someone to express their authentic self
- Why Pete elicits a strong response from the media and governing health bodies
- Pete’s film The Magic Pill and why the Australian Medicine Association acted so strongly against the information provided in the documentary
- Belief systems and the effects of our upbringings on our perspectives
- What stops us from taking action not only in our health but general lives
- Pete’s time with the Aboriginal people and experiencing the hunter gatherer way of life
- What’s driven Pete’s decisions to trial various diets and eating philosophies including the Paleo diet
- Taking self-responsibility and the future of healthcare
- Pete shares a story about a significant shift he made in his life
- Pete’s advice for making the shift
Pete Evans – Website
Pete Evans – Facebook
Pete Evans – Instagram
Pete Evans – Twitter
Pete Evans – LinkedIn