Welcome to The Shift expert series with naturopath, nutritionist and author Katherine Maslen as she explores the state of human health, the dysfunction of the health industry and provides people with the tools, knowledge and understanding to make the shift in their lives.
In the expert series of The Shift, Katherine explores deeper conversations with the world leaders featured in Season Two, the investigative Docu-Series on Women’s Health. If you want to make the shift towards more informed decisions regarding better health, then this podcast is for you.
Dr Andrea is a women’s health, natural fertility expert and integrative chiropractor, with a passion for helping women reach their health, hormonal and fertility goals, no matter the challenges they may be facing.
She is the owner of The Wellness Studio in Fremantle, co-hosts the award winning, top-rated podcast Wellness Women Radio and is often affectionately referred to as ‘The Period Whisperer’ by her patients!
In this episode Katherine and Dr Andrea Huddleston explore:
- How being diagnosed with Lupus as a teenager helped guide Andrea towards alternative health with a focus on diet and lifestyle
- The current state of women’s health and why women should not accept suffering as being normal
- What could be driving the increase in conditions such as Endometriosis, PCOS, Infertility and irregular cycles
- Postnatal depletion and how a woman’s body changes after having a child
- Rebuilding a sense of community around women and celebrating women’s rituals
- The balance between estrogen and progesterone
- How men and women respond to pain differently