02. Shift success – these small things make all the difference
Living within such a fast-paced world, at times it can seem that we are becoming more disconnected from ourselves. Many of us are taking on not-so-positive patterns of behaviour, particularly when it comes to the foods we’re eating, the lifestyles we leading, and how we approach our general health. So, maybe it’s time for a shift?
Welcome to The Shift, an investigative series that follows naturopath, nutritionist and author Katherine Maslen as she explores the dysfunctional nature of the health industry and provides people with the tools, knowledge and understanding to make the change in their lives. Each episode of The Shift features interviews with industry experts in gut and general health from across the globe. They accompany Katherine in tackling the difficult questions surrounding global health. If you want to make the shift towards more informed decisions regarding better health, then this podcast is for you.
In episode #02 of The Shift, Shift success – these small things make all the difference, Katherine begins to look at how we are currently living our lives and where we can start focusing our attentions to start making healthy changes. This week, Pedram Shojai, Dr David Perlmutter, Dr. Vincent Pedre, Dr Felice Gersh, Kate Reardon, Aly Cohen, Dr Tom O’Bryan, Jenny Tschiesche, Angela Pifer, FMN, CN, Christine Hassler and Diane Ryan join Katherine in discussing the health challenges that we are facing, whilst also peppering the conversation with their own personal stories and the shifts they’ve experienced.
Also within this episode:
- How we exist today
- How do we upgrade our operating systems?
- Making shifts within our lives
- Kate Reardon’s powerful shift story,
- Starting to think about your own gut health
- Why are people so disconnected from what is happening within their bodies?
- Philosophies around health
- Questioning the origins of your food
- Your inner critic, and what it should be saying
- The importance of your mind in making the shift, and taking the time to learn
The Shift Episode #02 guests, in order of appearance:
Dr David Perlmutter
Dr. Vincent Pedre
Dr Felice Gersh
Dr Tom O’Bryan
Angela Pifer, FMN, CN