The digestive system is a complex structure within our bodies. Its ability to endlessly function – digesting, breaking food down, and extracting vital nutrients is a feat of genius engineering. Therefore, when a component within that system is interfered with there can often be a knock-on effect that could impair digestion.
Welcome to The Shift, an investigative series that follows naturopath, nutritionist and author Katherine Maslen as she explores the dysfunctional nature of the health industry and provides people with the tools, knowledge and understanding to make the shift in their lives. Each episode of The Shift features interviews with industry experts in gut and general health from across the globe. They accompany Katherine in tackling the difficult questions surrounding global health. If you want to make the shift towards more informed decisions regarding better health, then this podcast is for you.
In episode #03, The digestive machine – what if the money you spend on food is being flushed down the toilet? Katherine dives right into the ecosystem of our gut and the potential complications that can occur when certain factors are compromised. She’ll be introducing the concept of your body’s microbiome and how it plays a crucial role in gut health, as well as presenting the concept of integrative care within medical practices.
Also within this episode:
- How our gut’s foundation is critical for our overall health
- How food is broken down and absorbed – the pearl necklace method
- Introducing the microbiome and its impact on the longevity of your health
- What the digestive system actually does
- Stomach acid and its potential link to allergies
- Unnecessary stomach surgeries and the mysteries of the appendix[
- The effect of gallbladder removal on digestion
- Holism within modern medical practices
- The role of integrative care and understanding a patient’s individual needs
The Shift Episode #03 guests, in order of appearance:
Dr Felice Gersh
Dr Marvin Singh
Dr Tom O’Bryan
Dr Leo Galland
Dr William Davis
Angela Pifer, FMN, CN