04. Bloating – it’s not your fault, and you’re not alone
Stomach complaints, they affect us all eventually. Whether it’s feeling a little bloated, enduring acid reflux or having a less than perfect bowel movement – these are symptoms that many health professionals come across, regularly. But, if these certain types of body functions are so common, how do we know when they’re becoming problematic, and what are some of the real causes of these frequent complaints?
Welcome to The Shift, an investigative series that follows naturopath, nutritionist and author Katherine Maslen as she explores the dysfunctional nature of the health industry and provides people with the tools, knowledge and understanding to make the shift in their lives. Each episode of The Shift features interviews with industry experts in gut and general health from across the globe. They accompany Katherine in tackling the difficult questions surrounding global health. If you want to make the shift towards more informed decisions regarding better health, then this podcast is for you.
In Episode #04 of The Shift – Bloating – it’s not your fault, and you’re not alone, Katherine discusses the most complained about known issues surrounding gut health, while also investigating some of their root causes. In this episode, Dr Marvin Singh, Dr Felice Gersh, Dr Vincent Pedre, Dr Tom O’Bryan, Angela Pifer, FMN, CN, Dr Aly Cohen, and special guest Lucy team up with Katherine to tackle this topic. From the perfect poo to our intimate areas, Katherine doesn’t hold back from asking the deepest, shy making questions regarding some of the most commonly reported health complaints and whether our gut health has any part to play.
Also within this episode:
- The real life impact of bloating
- Three ways food can cause bloating
- The nature of flatulence, and how to recognise when it’s becoming a problem
- Acid reflux what could be the real causes,
- Why listening to the language of your body is important
- What is the perfect poo?
- The implications of constipation
- Your body’s natural detox systems
- IBS – The diagnostic dumping ground
- A brief introduction to SIBO
- Whatever happened to Lucy?
- SIFO Candida
- Female yeast infections
- What’s going on within women’s vaginal microbiome?
Links to further Information:
The Shift Episode #04 guests, in order of appearance:
Dr Marvin Singh
Dr. Vincent Pedre
Dr Felice Gersh
Dr Tom O’Bryan
Angela Pifer, FMN, CN