Your gut has a wonderful connection to almost every system within your body. It’s an intricate relationship, and your body is well equipped at maintaining this incredible machine, should the environment be right. However, what if there is a problem, something that rocks the balance within, and the scale of your personal ecosystem gets tipped and you didn’t even know?
Welcome to The Shift, an investigative series that follows naturopath, nutritionist and author Katherine Maslen as she explores the dysfunctional nature of the health industry and provides people with the tools, knowledge and understanding to make the shift in their lives. Each episode of The Shift features interviews with industry experts in gut and general health from across the globe. They accompany Katherine in tackling the difficult questions surrounding global health. If you want to make the shift towards more informed decisions regarding better health, then this podcast is for you.
In Episode #5 of The Shift –Allergy, autoimmune, infertility – what we didn’t know, Katherine discusses the connection between our gut and our body’s other systems. She starts to unravel the mysteries around some of the problems we may find ourselves experiencing such as compromised reproductive health or severe allergies, and investigates the potential links to your gut’s microbiome. This episode Katherine is joined by Angela Pifer, FMN, CN, Dr Felice Gersh, Nat Kringoudis, Dr Leo Galland, Aly Cohen, Dr Tom O’Bryan, Dr David Perlmutter and Dr. Vincent Pedre and special guest Lucy join Katherine in getting to the heart of the things within.
Also within this episode:
- What causes Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth – SIBO?
- Introducing SIFO
- What’s to be done about the prevalence of Vaginal Dysbiosis?
- Maintaining vaginal equilibrium – The hornets’ nest and women’s health
- The mysteries of the male genital microbiome
- How our reproductive health is connected to our gut
- Why is there a rise of endometriosis and adenomyosis?
- Hormonal health and the links to your microbiome
- Why are we suffering from so many allergies?
- The intestinal permeability link to allergies and autoimmunity
- Why sleep is so important for our gut health
The Shift Episode #05 guests, in order of appearance:
Angela Pifer, FMN, CN
Dr Felice Gersh
Dr Leo Galland
Dr Tom O’Bryan
Dr David Perlmutter
Dr. Vincent Pedre