07. On our way out – the decline of our species (part 1)
We may be living longer but we’re certainly living sicker. In some cases, medications may just be masking the symptoms of the ailments that we’re experiencing, rather than getting to the internal core of the problem.
Welcome to The Shift, an investigative series that follows naturopath, nutritionist and author Katherine Maslen as she explores the dysfunctional nature of the health industry and provides people with the tools, knowledge and understanding to make the shift in their lives. Each episode of The Shift features interviews with industry experts in gut and general health from across the globe. They accompany Katherine in tackling the difficult questions surrounding global health. If you want to make the shift towards more informed decisions regarding better health, then this podcast is for you.
In episode #07 of The Shift, On our way out – the decline of our species part 1, Katherine begins to examine the foremost factors contributing to our poor health and possible links between diet and environmental factors. She is joined on this episode by Rodney Dietert, Dr Leo Galland, Dr Tom O’Bryan, Dr Felice Gersh and Aly Cohen. Katherine examines allergies and their hidden causes, why women are more at risk of contracting diseases and the consequences of becoming dependent on medications rather than curing the cause.
Also within this episode:
- How we manage and medicate rather than cure chronic diseases – the patterns
- Why people develop allergies and masking the symptoms
- The effects of pollen related allergies on your cognitive abilities
- Hidden allergies and the potential culprits
- The varying types of allergy tests and categories of allergy types
- Why there is visible allergy symptoms in some people and not with others
- Why you shouldn’t shut down the immune system’s protective capabilities
- The gut and autoimmune disease
- Why women are more at risk of diseases
- Why we have an increase in autoimmune diseases
- Environmental factors and their contribution to geographically prevalent diseases
- What are Superfund sites
- Challenges surrounding research to prove harmful environmental factors on our health
- Legislation and new chemicals
The Shift Episode #07 guests, in order of appearance:
Dr Leo Galland
Dr Tom O’Bryan
Dr Felice Gersh