08. On our way out – the decline of our species (part 2)
The more we discover about how the lives we are living are impacting our health, the more we move out of the age of blaming our genes for our health issues and into a time when we can take responsibility for our health.
Welcome to The Shift, an investigative series that follows naturopath, nutritionist and author Katherine Maslen as she explores the dysfunctional nature of the health industry and provides people with the tools, knowledge and understanding to make the shift in their lives. Each episode of The Shift features interviews with industry experts in gut and general health from across the globe. They accompany Katherine in tackling the difficult questions surrounding global health. If you want to make the shift towards more informed decisions regarding better health, then this podcast is for you.
In episode #08 of The Shift, on our way out – the decline of our species – part 2, Katherine continues the exploring the contributing factors to our poor health and possible links between diet and environmental factors. Katherine is joined on this episode by Rodney Dietert, Dr Leo Galland, Dr Felice Gersh and Dr David Perlmutter. In part 2 Katherine examines fertility and its link to food, the changing understanding of species and reproduction, the links between the microbiome and the ovaries, how birth control impacts the normal cycle for women and the surprising impact mens microbiome has on their children.
This episode also covers:
- The importance of immune-microbiome interaction and effects of cross species genetics
- Microbiome and gut health on reproductive health and fertility
- Findings around infertility and certain foods
- How inflammation and stress can all have similar effects and can block ovulation
- Thinking about your future self and reducing the health risks earlier in your life
- Why a high percentage of diseases are preventable
- The new era of disconnection syndrome
- Why men with celiac disease can impact the birth weight of their children
- How wheat is a real problem for human consumption across all age groups
- The way Alzheimer’s is impacted by the gut microbiome and is possibly
- The microbiome influenced the expression of the human genome
The Shift Episode #08 guests, in order of appearance:
Dr Felice Gersh
Dr Tom O’Bryan
Dr David Perlmutter