There seems to be a certain level of discord around the foods we should be consuming. With certain potentially harmful foods and diets gaining popularity it might be time to seek a clearer idea of what is genuinely good for fueling and maintaining our bodies.
Welcome to The Shift, an investigative series that follows naturopath, nutritionist and author Katherine Maslen as she explores the dysfunctional nature of the health industry and provides people with the tools, knowledge and understanding to make the shift in their lives. Each episode of The Shift features interviews with industry experts in gut and general health from across the globe. They accompany Katherine in tackling the difficult questions surrounding global health. If you want to make the shift towards more informed decisions regarding better health, then this podcast is for you.
In episode #9 of The Shift, food part 1 – what you’ve always known is a lie, Katherine investigates the ways that our bodies react to the foods we currently consume. Not only that, she hunts for the reasons behind why we are developing food intolerances, how certain “healthy” diets can affect your body’s ecosystem and which foods we should be avoiding in order to restore a healthy dietary balance. Katherine is joined on this episode by Dr Marvin Singh, Dr Leo Galland, Dr Tom O’Bryan, Dr William Davis, Dr David Perlmutter, Angela Pifer, FMN, CN and Aly Cohen.
This episode also covers:
- Food intolerance reaction versus reactions to bacterial fermentation
- Differences between food allergy and food intolerance
- Dairy and its relation to our gut and body health
- What’s the problem with wheat and gluten?
- Modern wheat and its effect on gut health
- What the differences are between ancient wheat and its current counterpart
- The emotional attachment to wheat
- Navigating the anti-grain movement
- Raising awareness of the true, modern science behind certain foods
- Good carbohydrates and dietary fibre
- The over intake of carbohydrates by athletes and possible alternatives
- Foods to avoid to maintain intestinal health
The Shift Episode #09 guests, in order of appearance:
Dr Marvin Singh
Dr Leo Galland
Dr Tom O’Bryan
Dr William Davis
Dr David Perlmutter
Angela Pifer, FMN, CN