When you need to make a change in your health, something needs to shift. The Shift is a world-renowned audio-documentary podcast series that has been created specifically to help you make a shift in your health and your life.
Hosted by naturopath and author Katherine Maslen, each Season features 24 of the world’s leaders in health and takes you on a journey over 16 episodes. Season Two focuses on Women’s Health and in this episode we explore the thyroid gland, including low thyroid function and hashimoto’s thyroiditis. This is one of the most common issues for women and well worth a conversation!
In this episode Katherine and our experts explore:
- What is the thyroid and what does it do for health?
- The issues with testing and what you need to look into
- Mainstream vs holistic treatment of thyroid
- Thyroiditis – autoimmunity
- Thyroid in relation to the menstrual cycle and energy
- Overexercise and calorie restriction
Join us as we take you on a journey along with world leaders in all things health and wellbeing. Thank you for listening to The Shift Podcast.
Experts featured in this episode and links to their contacts:
Dr Libby Weaver
Dr Vincent Pedre
Dr Will Cole
Dr Jolene Brighten
Dr Kulreet Chaudhary
Dr Lara Briden