When you need to make a change in your health, something needs to shift. The Shift is a world-renowned audio-documentary podcast series that has been created specifically to help you make a shift in your health and your life.
Hosted by naturopath and author Katherine Maslen, each Season features 24 of the world’s leaders in health and takes you on a journey over 16 episodes. Season Two focuses on Women’s Health and in this episode we explore the reasons why it can be so darn hard to lose weight! When diet and exercise are not working, where do you turn? What is the role of hormones in all of this?
In this episode Katherine and our experts explore:
- Weight loss beyond calories and working out – what is stopping you from losing weight?
- Hormones and their role in weight gain and weight loss
- How inflammation prevents your body from losing weight
- Intermittent fasting – what is the research showing us? Is it relevant for women?
- What are the emotional factors to weight gain?
- Emotional eating and the culture of food
- The reason why weight loss is a terrible health goal, and what you should aim for instead
- Some of the best advice when it comes to weight loss based on the research
Join us as we take you on a journey along with world leaders in all things health and wellbeing. Thank you for listening to The Shift Podcast.
Experts featured in this episode and links to their contacts:
Dr Will Cole
Dr Libby Weaver
Dr Vincent Pedre
Dr Felice Gersh
Dr Marvin Singh