When you need to make a change in your health, something needs to shift. The Shift is a world-renowned audio-documentary podcast series that has been created specifically to help you make a shift in your health and your life.
Hosted by naturopath and author Katherine Maslen, each Season features 24 of the world’s leaders in health and takes you on a journey over 16 episodes. Season Two focuses on Women’s Health and in this episode we talk about the transition of menopause and how this is such an important time of life for women. Menopause is often seen as something to be feared, but it is a vital part of being a woman and something we want to celebrate.
In this episode Katherine and our experts explore:
- The natural, beautiful transition of menopause and moving into the wise woman
- What happens physiologically during menopause
- Some of the risks of losing the protective effects of the menstrual cycle hormones
- The major issues that can occur as a result of menopausal changes
- What does it mean emotionally to come into this time?
- The toxic culture of youth obsession and what this does for our perception around this time
- Things to know to help you navigate menopause and prepare for it to come
Join us as we take you on a journey along with world leaders in all things health and wellbeing. Thank you for listening to The Shift Podcast.
Experts featured in this episode and links to their contacts:
Dr Lara Briden
Dr Libby Weaver
Dr Felice Gersh
Dr Nicola Gates
Dr Robin Murphy