Welcome to The Shift expert series with naturopath, nutritionist and author Katherine Maslen as she explores the state of human health, the dysfunction of the health industry and provides people with the tools, knowledge and understanding to make the shift in their lives.
In the expert series of The Shift, Katherine explores deeper conversations with the world leaders featured in Season Two, the investigative Docu-Series on Women’s Health. If you want to make the shift towards more informed decisions regarding better health, then this podcast is for you.
Dr Libby Weaver is one of Australasia’s leading nutritional biochemists, the founder of Bio Blends, a 13 times best-selling author and a renowned international speaker. With a degree in dietetics, a PhD in biochemistry and over 20 years’ experience in clinical practice, Dr Libby draws on her wisdom and expertise to empower people to take charge of their health and happiness.
It’s no surprise that when it comes to achieving and maintaining ultimate health and wellbeing, Hollywood stars, Hugh Jackman and Deborra-lee Furness, describe Dr. Libby as a “one stop shop in achieving and maintaining ultimate health and wellbeing.”
In this episode Katherine and Dr. Libby Weaver explore:
- Why a synergistic approach is required to truly get to the bottom of a health problem
- The obesity epidemic and why you’ve got to be healthy to lose weight
- How we allow ourselves to create internal stress
- How to break unhealthy thought patterns
- Why Dr. Libby coined the term “rushing woman syndrome”
- The impact of stress hormones on women’s health
- The disconnection from the wisdom of our bodies