Welcome to The Shift expert series with naturopath, nutritionist and author Katherine Maslen as she explores the state of human health, the dysfunction of the health industry and provides people with the tools, knowledge and understanding to make the shift in their lives.
In the expert series of The Shift, Katherine explores deeper conversations with the world leaders featured in Season Two, the investigative Docu-Series on Women’s Health. If you want to make the shift towards more informed decisions regarding better health, then this podcast is for you.
Dr Marvin Singh is an integrative gastroenterologist and is the Founder and CEO of Precisione Clinic. Dr. Singh is the host of the Precisione: The Healthcast Podcast and the author of “Rescue Your Health”.
Through his own personal health journey, Dr Marvin has become a passionate advocate for wellness, health and longevity. He continues to spread his knowledge around gut health and integrative medicine by appearing on various US television programs and podcasts, and also features heavily in season 1 of The Shift docu-series. He is the co-author of the textbook Integrative Environmental Medicine, a contributor for MBG and other publications and an expert when it comes to the gastrointestinal tract, health and wellness.
In this episode Katherine and Dr. Marvin Singh explore:
- Understanding integrative medicine and treating the body as a whole
- Why people wait until crisis point before addressing their health
- What Dr. Marvin has discovered about the microbiome since Season 1 of The Shift
- How the gut is related to hormonal issues
- Why women are more prone to getting certain gut health issues
- The relationship between stress and gut health