Welcome to The Shift expert series with naturopath, nutritionist and author Katherine Maslen as she explores the state of human health, the dysfunction of the health industry and provides people with the tools, knowledge and understanding to make the shift in their lives.
In the expert series of The Shift, Katherine explores deeper conversations with the world leaders featured in Season Two, the investigative Docu-Series on Women’s Health. If you want to make the shift towards more informed decisions regarding better health, then this podcast is for you.
Dr. Jolene Brighten is a board certified naturopathic endocrinologist, clinical sexologist, and prominent leader in women’s medicine. She is an international speaker, clinical educator and is also part of the MindBodyGreen Collective.
Jolene is an internationally acclaimed hormone expert and has a reputation for being a fierce patient advocate. She is the author of three books – Is This Normal, Beyond the Pill and Healing Your Body Naturally After Childbirth.
In this episode Katherine and Dr. Jolene Brighten explore:
- Why Jolene is so passionate about women’s health
- How birth control actually works
- Jolene’s research on the oral contraceptive pill and what it does to the body
- Why women have been excluded from important research
- The relationship between birth control and infertility
- Oral contraceptive use in young women and how it may affect their reproductive trajectory
- The role of the thyroid in women’s health