Welcome to The Shift expert series with naturopath, nutritionist and author Katherine Maslen as she explores the state of human health, the dysfunction of the health industry and provides people with the tools, knowledge and understanding to make the shift in their lives.
In the expert series of The Shift, Katherine explores deeper conversations with the world leaders featured in Season Two, the investigative Docu-Series on Women’s Health. If you want to make the shift towards more informed decisions regarding better health, then this podcast is for you.
Dr. Will Cole is a leading functional medicine expert and has been named one of the top 50 functional and integrative doctors in the US. Dr. Cole specializes in chronic disease focusing on thyroid issues, autoimmune conditions, hormone imbalances, digestive disorders and brain problems.
Will is the host of The Art of Being Well Podcast and the best selling author of books including Ketotorian, The Inflammation Spectrum, Intuitive Fasting and Gut Feelings.
In this episode Katherine and Dr. Will Cole explore:
- Synergism and how various parts of the body interrelate
- The different spectrums of inflammation and how it affects the body
- The role of diet in reducing inflammation
- The relationship between inflammation and autoimmune disease
- Weight loss and why the majority of diets fail
- Increasing metabolic flexibility through intermittent fasting
- Why you cannot shame yourself into wellness