Welcome to The Shift expert series with naturopath, nutritionist and author Katherine Maslen as she explores the state of human health, the dysfunction of the health industry and provides people with the tools, knowledge and understanding to make the shift in their lives.
In the expert series of The Shift, Katherine explores deeper conversations with the world leaders featured in Season Two, the investigative Docu-Series on Women’s Health. If you want to make the shift towards more informed decisions regarding better health, then this podcast is for you.
Lara Briden is a naturopathic doctor and author of the bestselling books Period Repair Manual and Hormone Repair Manual. She has more than 20 years‚ experience in women’s health and currently has a consulting room in Christchurch, New Zealand, where she treats women with PCOS, PMS, endometriosis, perimenopause, and many other hormone and period related health problems.
In this episode Katherine and Lara Briden explore:
- How the menstrual cycle can be a strength for women
- The impacts of not ovulating
- The ways that pain can present during a period cycle
- How oral contraception can affect hormones and the body
- The link between mental health and hormonal contraception
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome – PCOS
- The increase in cases of Endometriosis