Welcome to The Shift expert series with naturopath, nutritionist and author Katherine Maslen as she explores the state of human health, the dysfunction of the health industry and provides people with the tools, knowledge and understanding to make the shift in their lives.
In the expert series of The Shift, Katherine explores deeper conversations with the world leaders featured in Season Two, the investigative Docu-Series on Women’s Health. If you want to make the shift towards more informed decisions regarding better health, then this podcast is for you.
Dr. Robyn Murphy, is a licensed naturopathic doctor who focuses her clinical practice on women’s hormonal and reproductive health. With a functional medicine approach that integrates advanced testing, Dr. Murphy uncovers and addresses the underlying facets of disease, collaborating with patients and their team of health care providers to optimize digestion, regulate the nervous system and balance hormones to improve reproductive success.
Dr. Murphy is also the Scientific Advisor for DNA Labs Canada, and is a public speaker with multiple publications in medical journals.
In this episode Katherine and Robyn Murphy explore:
- Holistic vs isolated treatment and the systems biology approach to health
- Understanding nutrigenomics and how our genes interact with the environment
- Genetic abnormalities that impact estrogen metabolism
- How genetics can impact menopause and perimenopause
- How stress can impede hormone production