- 1.5-2kg organic or grass-fed bones such as chicken bones, beef bones, lamb bones, fish bones
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 large carrot, cut into chunks
- 2 sticks celery with leaves, cut into chunks
- Splash of apple cider vinegar
- Filtered water
- Add bones and vegetables into a slow cooker (ensure there is plenty of room around the bones for water)
- Fill the slow cooker with filtered water, add a splash of apple cider vinegar.
- Cover and turn the slow cooker onto the low setting.
- For larger bones such as beef or lamb, cook for 24 to 48 hours. For smaller bones such as chicken, cook for around 12 hours.
- When the cooking process is finished, allow the broth to cool.
- Strain the broth and freeze in batches in glass jars, ensuring you don’t overfill the jars before you put them into the freezer (ideally, leave a few centimetres of space at the top of each jar).