When you need to make a change in your health, something needs to shift. The Shift is a world-renowned audio-documentary podcast series that has been created specifically to help you make a shift in your health and your life.
Hosted by naturopath and author Katherine Maslen, each Season features 24 of the world’s leaders in health and takes you on a journey over 16 episodes. Season Two focuses on Women’s Health and in this episode we cover the oral contraceptive pill. Birth control is so important, however there are a lot of dangers that you need to consider if you’re taking these drugs. This episode aims to inform and empower you to make the best choices for your body.
In this episode Katherine and our experts explore:
- What hormonal contraception is and how it works in the body
- Why women use birth control, besides for contraception
- What are some fo the negative effects that can occur when you take contraceptive drugs
- When might it be appropriate
- Which nutrients are reduced by the pill
- What can you do to help yourself if you need to take the OCP?
- That when you’re on the pill you’re not really getting a period
- What to look out for in yourself to keep yourself safe while taking these drugs
Join us as we take you on a journey along with world leaders in all things health and wellbeing. Thank you for listening to The Shift Podcast.
Experts featured in this episode and links to their contacts:
Dr Jolene Brighten
Dr Lara Briden
Dr Peta Wright