When you need to make a change in your health, something needs to shift. The Shift is a world-renowned audio-documentary podcast series that has been created specifically to help you make a shift in your health and your life.
Hosted by naturopath and author Katherine Maslen, each Season features 24 of the world’s leaders in health and takes you on a journey over 16 episodes. Season Two focuses on Women’s Health and in this episode we explore the causes behind period pain or dysmenorrhea, and what you can do about it.
In this episode Katherine and our experts explore:
- As women we have been told pain is normal, or even psychological which has lead to massive issues for women
- That no amount of pain is normal, it’s a signal to our bodies that something is wrong
- How pain can show up for different women and what it means
- How chronic pain can change our neural pathways leading to more pain
- The connection between sexual trauma and pelvic pain
- The steps you need to take to find the cause of your pain
Join us as we take you on a journey along with world leaders in all things health and wellbeing. Thank you for listening to The Shift Podcast.
Experts featured in this episode and links to their contacts:
Dr Peta Wright
Dr Lara Briden
Dr Andrea Huddleston