When you need to make a change in your health, something needs to shift. The Shift is a world-renowned audio-documentary podcast series that has been created specifically to help you make a shift in your health and your life.
Hosted by naturopath and author Katherine Maslen, each Season features 24 of the world’s leaders in health and takes you on a journey over 16 episodes. Season Two focuses on Women’s Health and in this episode we explore the impact of endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDCs) in our environment. These man made chemicals are rife throughout our environment and we need to be conscious of reducing our exposures.
In this episode Katherine and our experts explore:
- What are EDCs and how do they impact human health?
- Some scary statistics around the number of man made chemicals we’re exposed to
- The story of DDT and why it is still impacting our health today
- The impact of human fertility from man made chemicals, and how it is severely impacting egg quality and sperm counts
- The increase in PCOS, endometriosis and other hormonal issues from chemical exposure
- An argument for eating organic produce and food
- Why the endocrine system is so susceptible to the xenoestrogenic chemicals
- How to avoid exposures, with some practical tips
Join us as we take you on a journey along with world leaders in all things health and wellbeing. Thank you for listening to The Shift Podcast.
Experts featured in this episode and links to their contacts:
Dr Suzanne Bartlett
Dr Felice Gersh
Dr Aly Cohen
Dr Jay Davidson
Dr Vincent Pedre
Dr Robin Murphy