26. Dr Felice Gersh on Women’s Health and the Gut’s Relationship to Fertility – Part 2
Welcome to The Shift expert series with naturopath, nutritionist and author Katherine Maslen as she explores the state of human health, the dysfunction of the health industry and provides people with the tools, knowledge and understanding to make the shift in their lives.
In the expert series of The Shift, Katherine explores deeper conversations with the world leaders featured in season one, the investigative docu-series on the gut. If you want to make the shift towards more informed decisions regarding better health, then this podcast is for you.
Dr Felice Gersh is a very rare integrative gynecologist and has been a board certified obstetrician and gynecologist for over 20 years. Dr Felice specialises in hormonal management and has worked with countless women, helping them through pregnancy, birth and with reproductive issues like PCOS, endometriosis and thrush.
Dr Gersh is the author of ‘PCOS SOS’, a guide to understanding and managing Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. She has been awarded the Orange County Medical Association’s ‘Physician of the Year’ Award for the last 13 years consecutively, and Southern California’s ‘SuperDoctor’ Award for the last several years too.
In this episode Katherine and Dr Felice Gersh explore:
- The possible links between bacterial balance and going into labor
- The microbiome and its effect on fertility
- Why women are at more risk of disease
- What could be sparking the increase in chronic fungal infections and vaginal dysbiosis
- Circadian rhythm dysfunction and other driving factors behind the global rise in people dealing with insomnia and anxiety
- Felice’s touching story about her biggest shifts