Welcome to The Shift expert series with naturopath, nutritionist and author Katherine Maslen as she explores the state of human health, the dysfunction of the health industry and provides people with the tools, knowledge and understanding to make the shift in their lives.
In the expert series of The Shift, Katherine explores deeper conversations with the world leaders featured in season one, the investigative docu-series on the gut. If you want to make the shift towards more informed decisions regarding better health, then this podcast is for you.
Dr William Davis is an American cardiologist and the author of 6 books including his internationally acclaimed NY Times bestselling books Wheat Belly and Undoctored. Dr William Davis has been a pioneer when it comes to raising awareness about the dangers of gluten, wheat, big food and its effect on our health.
Dr Davis has been a cardiologist for over 20 years and his experiences within the mainstream medical model have raised more questions than answers. He is an impassioned voice for global health and pulls no punches when identifying those who are part of the problem.
Dr. Davis has discussed his views on major media including The Dr. Oz Show, Fox TV, and has been featured in the New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, Huffington Post, and others.
In this episode Katherine and Dr William Davis explore:
- How the practice of health differs from mainstream medicine
- The guiding factors that pointed Dr Davis towards integrative health
- Williams backstory from humble beginnings to a graduate of medicine
- What’s preventing the mainstream medical industry from moving forward?
- The facts around wheat and gluten, and how removing grains can benefit your health
- Why some people find giving up wheat so difficult?
- Encouraging collaboration between mainstream and alternative health practitioners
- Dr Davis own personal health story and the incredible insights from the experience
- Dr Williams advice for making the shift