Welcome to The Shift expert series with naturopath, nutritionist and author Katherine Maslen as she explores the state of human health, the dysfunction of the health industry and provides people with the tools, knowledge and understanding to make the shift in their lives.
In the expert series of The Shift, Katherine explores deeper conversations with the world leaders featured in season one, the investigative docu-series on the gut. If you want to make the shift towards more informed decisions regarding better health, then this podcast is for you.
Dr. Vincent Pedre is the Medical Director of Pedre Integrative Health and President of Dr. Pedre Wellness, is a Board-Certified Internist in private practice in New York City. He is also a published author, sought after speaker and activist on the issue of hydraulic fracturing for natural gas extraction and its effect on the environment.
Dr. Pedre combines eastern and western philosophies when practicing medicine and strongly advocates for the holistic approach. In his book ‘Happy Gut’, Vincent provides an essential guide to improving digestive health by using functional medicine. Dr. Pedre has created a fantastic ‘3 Day Gut Reset’ diet which is free to download from his website.
Dr. Pedre’s life experiences, including his connection to 9/11, have helped to shape his personal philosophies and during this episode he shares his valuable insights.
In this episode Katherine and Dr. Pedre explore:
- Vincent’s journey to becoming a doctor and the barriers he had to overcome along the way
- Vincent’s personal health story and being his own first gut patient
- The over-prescription of antibiotics in the eighties
- Vincent’s insights from the mainstream medical system
- Dr Pedre’s connection with 9/11
- Taking a sabbatical year and discovering yoga
- The microbiomes role in producing neurotransmitters and the link to our moods
- Bloating, it’s cause’s and possible factors driving the symptom
- Vincents advice to shift
Vincent Pedre – Website
Vincent Pedre – Facebook
Vincent Pedre – Instagram
Vincent Pedre – Twitter
Vincent Pedre – LinkedIn