30. Jenny Tschiesche on Gut Health for Children and Developing Positive Attitudes Towards Health
Welcome to The Shift expert series with naturopath, nutritionist and author Katherine Maslen as she explores the state of human health, the dysfunction of the health industry and provides people with the tools, knowledge and understanding to make the shift in their lives.
In the expert series of The Shift, Katherine explores deeper conversations with the world leaders featured in season one, the investigative docu-series on the gut. If you want to make the shift towards more informed decisions regarding better health, then this podcast is for you.
Jenny Tschiesche is one of the UK’s leading nutrition experts and the founder of lunchboxdoctor.com, an online resource to create healthier meals and lunches for you and your family. Jenny is also a best-selling author and has published multiple books including ‘Gut Health & Probiotics’ and cookbooks such as ‘The Modern Multi-cooker Cookbook’.
Jenny has been developing recipes as well as providing nutrition and dietary advice for a wide range of people including top athletes, sporting bodies, people dealing with illness and parents and their children. For more information, be sure to check out the lunchboxdoctor.com.
Jenny will be releasing her latest book Real Lunchtime Food in December 2019. Within Jenny provides a guide for working adults and parents to create healthier and more inspiring meals instead of the traditional packed lunch. Real Lunchtime Food is available on Amazon for pre-order now.
In this episode Katherine and Jenny explore:
- Jenny’s health journey and what guided her towards nutrition and health
- Jenny’s time spent living in Africa and being amongst the wild animals
- What inspired the Lunch Box Doctor
- What foods we should be feeding babies and young children to support their immune systems early on
- Eating for microbiome health
- The increase in allergies in today’s children and what we can do about it
- The state of the UK’s health and what needs to change
- The hazards of calorie counting and its effect on our stress levels and self-esteem
- A look at the relationship with food of non-western cultures
- Unrealistic expectations of what health is and teaching our children the right health philosophies
- Jenny’s book Gut Health & Probiotics and insights from the book
- Jenny’s advice for making the shift
Jenny Tschiesche – Website
Jenny Tschiesche – Facebook
Jenny Tschiesche – Instagram
Jenny Tschiesche – Twitter
Jenny Tschiesche – LinkedIn