Welcome to The Shift expert series with naturopath, nutritionist and author Katherine Maslen as she explores the state of human health, the dysfunction of the health industry and provides people with the tools, knowledge and understanding to make the shift in their lives.
In the expert series of The Shift, Katherine explores deeper conversations with the world leaders featured in season one, the investigative docu-series on the gut. If you want to make the shift towards more informed decisions regarding better health, then this podcast is for you.
Kate is a trailblazer when it comes to looking at health truly holistically, being a naturopath, nutritionist, intuitive healer and co-founder of the fasting and detox retreat centre Natural Instinct Healing which operates in Ubud, Bali and Australia.
Kate is a mother, author and host of the amazing podcast Lean In. She has been featured in the media and speaks internationally on all things health, healing and heart. Kate’s book ‘The Essential Cleanse’ is a must read and can be described as a how-to book that teaches you how to remove all the things that you don’t want in your life and teach you how you can create a life full of bliss and adventure.
In this episode Katherine and Kate explore:
- The life experiences that lead Kate to alternative medicine and healing
- How meeting with a shaman in the Amazon taught her about natural medicine
- Kates realisation that she wasn’t happy and the chance offering to run retreats in Thailand
- Fasting, its effect on the body and how it can help you along your health journey
- Kate shares a remarkable patient healing story and how she helped to change this woman’s life
- The importance of preparing for the healing journey
- Kates analogy for perspective and why its key for our personal well beings
- Emotional health and the effects on the body from suppressing emotions
- Finding the right support for your healing journey
- Kate shares her own personal shift story
- Kates advice for making the shift
Kate Reardon – Website
Natural Instinct Healing – Website
Kate Reardon – Facebook
Kate Reardon – Instagram