34. Kale Brock on Searching for the Optimal Microbiome and Living with the San People
Welcome to The Shift expert series with naturopath, nutritionist and author Katherine Maslen as she explores the state of human health, the dysfunction of the health industry and provides people with the tools, knowledge and understanding to make the shift in their lives.
In the expert series of The Shift, Katherine explores deeper conversations with the world leaders featured in season one, the investigative docu-series on the gut. If you want to make the shift towards more informed decisions regarding better health, then this podcast is for you.
Kale Brock is a writer, filmmaker and speaker from Australia with a passion for health and wellbeing. Kale has been involved in the film and TV industry since his teens and some of our Australian audience may recognise him from the family program Totally Wild.
In 2018 Kale released the remarkable documentary film ‘The Gut Movie’, which focuses on Kale’s search for the optimal microbiome, which finds him travelling to Namibia to live with the San people. The documentary reveals the wests disconnect with our ancestors way of life and the detriment it has on our health.
Kale recently released ‘The Longevity Film’, which explores the complex topic of aging. Kale has also authored multiple books including The Gut Healing Protocol, The Art Of Probiotic Nutrition and the children’s book Mandy Microbe’s Big Gut Adventure.
In this episode Katherine and Kale explore:
- Kale’s background in television and what lead him to becoming interested in health and wellness
- Travelling the world in early adulthood and learning from various cultures and differences in lifestyles
- Kales documentary The Gut Movie, what inspired the film? And Kales fascinating learnings from the entire project
- The San people, their way of life and health comparisons to civilised western culture
- Reconnecting with our surroundings and nature
- FMT’s – Faecal Microbiota Transplantation and what the technology could mean for the future of our health
- Kale’s passion for sharing information and challenging the status quo
- Kale’s advice for making the shift
Kale Brock – Website
Kale Brock – Facebook
Kale Brock – Instagram
Kale Brock – Twitter
Kale Brock – LinkedIn