35. Charlotte Watts on Achieving Embodied Awareness Through Yoga and Nutrition
Welcome to The Shift expert series with naturopath, nutritionist and author Katherine Maslen as she explores the state of human health, the dysfunction of the health industry and provides people with the tools, knowledge and understanding to make the shift in their lives.
In the expert series of The Shift, Katherine explores deeper conversations with the world leaders featured in season one, the investigative docu-series on the gut. If you want to make the shift towards more informed decisions regarding better health, then this podcast is for you.
Charlotte Watts is an award winning UK nutritionist and yogini. She is the author of many books including good mood food, the de-stress effect and yoga therapy for digestive health. Her approach to wellness is one of ‘mindfulness meets nutrition’ and Charlotte elaborates on this during the episode.
Charlotte is passionate about helping people through their stress and emotional demands with a holistic approach that encompasses the mind and body. Charlotte is a Senior Yoga Alliance teacher and trainer with over 20 years experience. Her emphasis is on embodied awareness which we find out more about in this episode.
In this episode Katherine and Charlotte explore:
- Charlotte shares her personal healing journey, the challenging times from her life and how she grew into who she has become today
- What drew Charlotte towards yoga therapy and what is involved in the practice
- Understanding terms such as viscera and fascia and how they relate to our wellbeing
- What embodied awareness means and how it is achieved
- Yoga’s role in embodied awareness
- Yoga’s core values
- Ensuring our lives are filled with joy and its link to digestive health
- The current state of health in the UK
- Charlotte’s advice for making the shift
Charlotte Watts – Website
Charlotte Watts – Facebook
Charlotte Watts – Instagram
Charlotte Watts – Twitter
Charlotte Watts – LinkedIn