36. Lee Holmes on Healthy Relationships with Food and Making the Kitchen the Heart of the Home
Welcome to The Shift expert series with naturopath, nutritionist and author Katherine Maslen as she explores the state of human health, the dysfunction of the health industry and provides people with the tools, knowledge and understanding to make the shift in their lives.
In the expert series of The Shift, Katherine explores deeper conversations with the world leaders featured in season one, the investigative docu-series on the gut. If you want to make the shift towards more informed decisions regarding better health, then this podcast is for you.
Lee Holmes is a nutritionist, yoga and meditation teacher, wholefoods chef, Lifestyle Food Channel’s Healthy Eating Expert, blogger and author of the best-selling books Supercharged Food: Eat Your Way to Health, Supercharged Food: Eat Yourself Beautiful, Eat Clean, Green and Vegetarian, Heal your Gut, Eat Right for Your Shape and Supercharged Food for Kids.
Lee’s articles have appeared in leading Australian newspapers and journals, as well as The Times and The Daily Express in the UK and The Huffington Post in the USA. Lee’s Supercharged Food is a brilliant resource for easy to prepare yummy recipes which are all gluten, wheat, dairy, yeast and sugar free. Lee’s passion for good food and great health is infectious as you will hear within this interview.
In this episode Katherine and Lee explore:
- Lee’s background and how she found her way into the world of food, cooking and nutrition
- Lee’s wellness journey and what she has learned along the way
- Building a connection with food and adopting healthier and sustainable relationships with what we put into our bodies
- What a healthy gut should look like and how to support that
- Falling in love with growing your own vegetables, fruits and herbs
- Mindful eating and how to achieve it
- The exciting developments in research around mental health and nutrition
- Lee’s advice for making the shift
Lee Holmes – Website
Lee Holmes – Facebook
Lee Holmes – Instagram
Lee Holmes – Twitter