37. Rebecca Coomes on Disordered Eating and the Link to SIBO
Welcome to The Shift expert series with naturopath, nutritionist and author Katherine Maslen as she explores the state of human health, the dysfunction of the health industry and provides people with the tools, knowledge and understanding to make the shift in their lives.
In the expert series of The Shift, Katherine explores deeper conversations with the world leaders featured in season one, the investigative docu-series on the gut. If you want to make the shift towards more informed decisions regarding better health, then this podcast is for you.
Rebecca Coombes is a SIBO health advocate, speaker, author, host of ‘The Healthy Gut’ podcast and founder of The Healthy Gut. Rebecca has written multiple cookbooks that specialise in recipes for people living with SIBO.
After a lifetime of chronic illness, Rebecca was diagnosed with Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO) in 2015. Rebecca is passionate about sharing her story to inspire others living with SIBO to lead the life they always imagined.
In this episode Katherine and Rebecca explore:
- How Rebecca began connecting the dots and understanding the link between food and her gut problems
- Rebecca shares her backstory and the struggles with her health throughout childhood
- What disordered eating means and the various forms it can show up
- Rebecca’s challenges with Bulimia
- What came first the SIBO or the disordered eating?
- Rebecca shares her personal story around how she moved through childhood trauma and sexual abuse
- Finding support networks and health professionals that will take your symptoms seriously and demonstrate a holistic approach
- Understanding that relapses in health problems are part of the journey
- Identifying treatment fatigue and how to avoid it
- Ways to become more in tune with your body
- Rebecca’s advice for making the shift
Rebecca Coomes – Website
Rebecca Coomes – Facebook
Rebecca Coomes – Instagram
Rebecca Coomes – Twitter
Rebecca Coomes – LinkedIn