Welcome to The Shift expert series with naturopath, nutritionist and author Katherine Maslen as she explores the state of human health, the dysfunction of the health industry and provides people with the tools, knowledge and understanding to make the shift in their lives.
In the expert series of The Shift, Katherine explores deeper conversations with the world leaders featured in season one, the investigative docu-series on the gut. If you want to make the shift towards more informed decisions regarding better health, then this podcast is for you.
Dan Churchill is a celebrity chef originating from Sydney, Australia that now calls New York home. As well as being the author of 3 best selling cookbooks, Dan is a regular TV personality being regularly featured on Good Morning America, on ABC’s The Chew and on The Food Network. He also hosted the docu-series Surfing the Menu, which aired on the Discovery channel.
Dan’s New York restaurant Charley St, is a casual dining restaurant that serves healthy farm-to-table eats and through Charley St, Dan shares his vision for a world that celebrates wholesome nourishing food.
In this episode Katherine and Dan explore:
- What made Dan want to become a chef?
- Making the move to the US and how he found an audience to share his passion for good healthy food with
- The vision behind Dan’s New York restaurant Charley St
- Why Dan doesn’t like using the word fuel when describing food
- The types of foods Dan eats and serves to his customers and celebrity clients
- Eating the rainbow to provide the body with the best sources of nutrition
- Dan reflects on the differences in attitude towards health between Australia and the US
- Foods to avoid when eating for gut health and overall nutrition
- Dan shares his pro tips including natural options to replace processed sugars
- How to get people to reconnect with and become passionate about their food and the eating ritual
- Dan’s advice for making the shift